Thursday, February 7, 2008

I'm Baaaaaack....

Where have you been, you may wonder? Living the life of a mother of four children (check)... the owner/manager of a family-owned business (check)... and dealing with a crashing computer.

We bought our Apple MacBook in September 2006. Love it, love it, love it! In October last year, we noticed it was having issues. In November, the hard drive cratered. Lost everything. Yes, I had backed up... in September... (yes, I learned my lesson and now update weekly, but that's a different part of the story). In January, it happened again. Lucky for me, I had a more recent backup, BUT because the computer was just corrupt, so were many of my back ups. Sigh.

Happily, though, Apple was wonderful about it and gave me a brand new computer. Not new, same as the old one, but new, CURRENT MODEL computer! And we upgraded to Leopard (operating system) which is awesome also!!

Leopard (think Windows in PC talk) has this great thing called "Time Machine" which will automatically back up your hard drive whereever you tell it to... in my case, an external hard drive. It will also (sooooo cool!) transfer songs I had purchased through iTunes, that I lost in the crash but were on my iPod, BACK to my computer (Tiger, the previous operating system, would NOT do this). I was soooo happy (I had visions of many lost songs).

Anywhooo... I am planning to get back into blogging. If you read both my blogs, you will see some replication, so forgive me.

Meanwhile, have you seen this cool tool? I have resisted buying any of these die-cutting machines, but just may have to get this one: The Slice

1 comment:

Joana24 said...

i need / want / must have this lovely gadget