Sunday, September 16, 2007

I've Gotta Crush on You

Michelle Ward's Green Pepper Press Street Team challenge this month is "Crushes". We are to reveal those things that we have a "crush" on... those things we feel we can't live without. Since my digital camera is broken, you will have to suffer through my writing about them, rather than showing them.

Crush #1: My God & His word - what else can I say? Can't get enough of Him.
Crush #2: My Family - I can be rather obsessive about spending time with my family.
Crush #3: Books - Wait. Can you actually have TOO MANY books? I think not. My friend says my house has foundation problems because of the weight of all the books in my house. Ha!
Crush #4: Art - this is a two-fold crush. I love creating art, and I love studying art. I could spend days in my studio and never get bored. Unfortunately, my schedule does not permit that. When I went back to college to get a Master's degree in art history, my friend's said "why? how will you use a degree in Art History?" Who cares!! I just love (LOVE) studying it, seeing it, learning about it, learning FROM it. Especially Renaissance art and Modern art. (did someone say Cornell, Pollock, or Duchamp?).
Crush #5: Music - Right now, I love listening to Nickelback, and to Third Day (yes, I know, two distinctively different genres of music, but who cares?)
Crush #6: Friends - I have a few that are very important to me, and I KNOW how blessed I have to have them. I love letting them know, too!
Crush #7: Shoes - specifically, Mary Jane's. I think I have seven or eight pairs... oh my!
Crush #8: Rubber Stamps, Paper, other art supplies - We have a couple of fabulous stores near here, and I could spend hours in each! I especially like fonts, swirls, and dragonflies. I LOVE Basic Grey papers, and 7 Gypsies papers and other things (love their mini envelope books). I started stamping in 1989, and 1000's of stamps later, I still find so many I want (or need).

That's enough for now, but I might add more (or change the list) when I get a new camera!

2 comments:

Megan Warren said...

Susan, I journaled more crushes than I put on my blog, and I have to agree with you who could live without books - it's nice to meet someone else who is so passionate about books. I loved looking at your blog - how's your journalling going.
Megan

michelle ward said...

susan, thanks for joining the Crush Crusade! love your list of favorites, looks alot like mine :) (oh, and saw your addition of colors above, can't leave out a fave color!)