Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Illness and Relief

I have been sick for the past three days.  I have been having some mystery problems for over two weeks, but they became worse on Sunday, and yesterday (during a family crisis) the stress caused me to have (what I thought were) heart palpitations, pain and pressure in my chest.  I did not sleep hardly all night, and went to the doctor this afternoon for testing.

Praise God, after blood work, and EKG, and a chest x-ray, my doctor declared my heart "perfect"...but my esophagus is not.  I am having some kind of gastro-intestinal reflux, and it simulates almost a heart attack type-thing.  Doctor prescribed a medication for it, and about two hours after taking it, I feel almost "normal" (what is NORMAL for ME!!).  I am so grateful, as I had many praying for me (it was quite scary).

So to celebrate, my wonderful hubby took me to dinner at Cafe Express, book browsing at Borders, and coffee at Sbux.

AND... what did I spy at Borders??? Just this....


Whoohooo! Shona's on the shelf!  I just found it exciting!

I plan to get on with my "Week 1" background papers tomorrow.  I feel so much better! Can't wait to get back to work.

Blessings!
Susan

3 comments:

Trudy said...

I'm so glad you are doing better. Glad to hear it was nothing serious. How exciting to see Shona's books on the shelves.

Shona Cole said...

So sorry you have been ill, glad they were able to rule out the bad things. A bit of art will lift your spirits :) it always does mine!

thanks for taking the photo of the book shelf, I am so tickled to see it, my book living a life of it's own!!

all the best for a full recovery

Shona

Sammi said...

sorry to hear that you had such a scare and glad to hear that you are feeling a lot better now!
Take care :D
Sammi
xxx