Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Mini Book...

This is a mini book I made for a gift for my Pastor and his wife this past Christmas.
This is the cover. The theme was the "Fruit of the Spirit". I took nine coin envelopes, painted them different colors, then stamped each one with a different "fruit"


I used think bookboard for the covers, and covered them with paper that had already been stained with ink to make it look older. I stamped the pears (from ASITH) by inking them with Marvy brush markers to give them a watercolor look. I then overstamped them with letters to spell "fruit".





Here is sample of an inside page:



This was the first inside page (corresponding to the first fruit "love"). You can see the inside of the cover has end papers (Basic Grey... love their papers!). the first envelope was painted (paint from Making Memories paper paints), then stamped with the word Love. I also stamped part of a heart on it, and added some interested paper to the flap as well as a brad.




The whole thing took me about four days to make, since I couldn't work continuously.

This is another inside page. You can see the scripture card I put inside each of the envelopes. Each scripture corresponded to that particular fruit.

This is a view of the whole book... you can see the pages fanned out. You can also see the beads and fibers I used to bind it together.

Here is another view. Each envelope was painted a different color, and each flap had coordinating paper on it.

I learned a lot making this... and there are several things I would change! But overall, I was pleased with how it turned out, and my pastor and his wife (who is also an artist!) were very happy to receive it!

No comments: